What is WayFinders?
- WayFinders is a platform designed to make community onboarding easy
- A network to facilitate connections between newcomers and people
- A program to facilitate connections between newcomers and place
How does this process work?
Easy as 1-2-3
- Meet your WayFinder (face to face or via video chat) to start to get to know each other
- You’ll be invited to at least two networking or community events
- OR get two emails about your interests
- Your WayFinder should make THREE connections for you that align with this criteria:
- Personal connections that they think you’ll get along with
- Professional connections for a job
- Volunteer organizations or clubs
What does a WayFinder do, exactly?
- Answers specific questions about this place, or connects you to those who have them
- Serves as “first friend” to those who move to the community
- Makes connections to things to do, places to see, and people who can help you settle in
How long after I fill out the form will I be contacted?
We take our time to make sure there is a good match between you and your WayFinder, and it’s done by a real human, so it may take up to a week before you hear back about your WayFinder request.
What if I change my mind about wanting a WayFinder?
No problem! All you have to do is send an email to Minot@minotchamberedc.com
and ask to be removed from the list.
Do I have to pay for this service?
Absolutely not! This program is offered by the Minot Chamber EDC free of charge to new residents. They will never contact you with offers for upgrades, upcharges, or anything else of that nature.
Is my WayFinder going to get me a job?
Your WayFinder can connect you to people in their network who may be hiring, but they cannot guarantee you an interview or a role at any company, including their own.
What do you need all this information for, and who gets to use it?
We ask the minimum number of questions we can to make a good match with one of our WayFinders. The ONLY people who have access to this data are the staff of the Minot Chamber EDC, and the two vendors who helped design this website. None of this data will ever be sold, used for sales or recruitment purposes, or shared with anyone outside of these organizations. You can request your data be permanently deleted at any time by emailing Minot@minotchamberedc.com
or calling the Minot Chamber EDC at (701) 852-6000.
What kinds of things can I ask my WayFinder for?
Your WayFinder is trained to answer a variety of different questions about the area, such as providing information on schools, things to do, which neighborhoods or areas might be a good fit for you and your family, and where to look to answer other questions you might have. Their goal is to make sure you have all the information you need to comfortably and quickly make Minot your new home.
They can also potentially connect you with vendors for things you may need but only if you specifically ask them to. They may, at times, offer their own services to you, if it fits your needs, but you should never feel like you’re on a sales call when talking to your WayFinder.